Your privacy is important to us. Please read below and contact us with any questions.
At Your Hearing Network, we believe that you have a right to know what information we collect from you, and we want you to understand our commitment to protecting your privacy. We take your privacy very seriously.
1. What Information do we collect?
Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
- your name, username, email address, and password
- any hearing test or audiogram data you provide to us
- information from Third Party Services that you explicitly give us access to
- your contact information, such as your phone number, social media handle, or email (depending on how you contact us)
- your credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address and shipping address, if you make purchases through the Services
- live chats and customer service phone calls
- sales and appointment history
- survey responses to the extent you include Personal Information
We may also collect some of the following Non-Personal Information from you:
- the name of your internet service provider
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services
- the type of browser software you are using
- the operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our Services
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
- the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- your home page customization preferences
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- weblogs and other clickstream data
- survey responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
2. How We Collect Information
We may collect your information in the following ways:
Communications You Initiate with Us
We want to make sure you have a great experience. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our service). When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver more helpful emails and improve our Services.
Information We Automatically Collect
Like most websites, our Services may incorporate technology such as "pixel tags", "web beacons", and "cookies" that allow us to track the actions of users of our Services. Pixel tags, web beacons and cookies collect Non-Personal Information.
Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in e-mails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail.
Cookies are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your hard drive once you leave a website.
3. How We Use the Information We Gather
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance the Services and your experience with Your Hearing Network. Except if we sell all or a portion of our business, as described below, we do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone, period. If we share your Personal Information, we do so only as described below.
Internal Use to Provide Services to You
We may use Personal Information to provide the Services to you. Some ways we may internally use your information include:
- to contact you when necessary
- to respond to your comments or questions
- to provide you with additional information according to your preferences
- to customize and personalize your experience with the Services
- to generate anonymous statistics to help us improve the customer experience
- to make the Services easier and more convenient for you (such as by prepopulating forms when you have already provided identical information)
- to provide recommendations to you
- to send you information and marketing materials about services and products available through our Services
- to train our team members
- for our other internal business purposes
We may share or disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information on our Site, with service providers, and/or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons and cookies we discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, but that aggregate, anonymous information cannot be linked back to you.
If you decide you don't want to receive email or other mail from us, you can select the "opt out" provision in our communications to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Services or to respond to your specific request, such as password recovery.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control
We may work with other businesses from time to time. These affiliated businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. We may also provide services or sell products jointly with the affiliated businesses. We will clearly show you when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will only share Personal Information with them that is related to your transaction.
Generally, we will not disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties.
We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers and designees ("Agents") to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- order fulfillment
- payment processing
- website-related services such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf
Our Agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Protection of Us and Others
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; cooperate with law enforcement; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Your Hearing Network, our employees, our users, or others.
With Your Consent
Except as we've stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4. Our Commitment to Protecting Your Information
We take the protection of your information seriously. We understand the sensitivity of information you may give us. Therefore, we take many security measures (physical, electronic and procedural) to help keep your Personal Information safe. For example, we limit access to authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to follow confidentiality obligations we give them. Also, we only allow parties to access your Personal Information for permitted business purposes. Unfortunately, even though we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating your information, please contact us. If you are a California resident, you get the ability to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties (under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request here.